Framing is simply creating a space in which we have no competitors. This one thing is the most important thing you can do in the first few minutes of sitting down with a prospect. You need to establish right away that what you do is unique and fills an overlooked gap in exposure with your clients.
One way to help this process along is to NOT use words that your “competitors” (AFLAC, Combined, Colonial, Allstate, etc.) are using: Benefits, Supplemental, Gap coverage, Deductibles, Co-Pays, etc.
The fact is, Family Heritage policies have unlimited benefits and are calibrated periodically to be the very highest payouts in the markets they’re in. There’s a vast difference between getting a few thousand dollars from their AFLAC policy and the hundreds of thousands of dollars they have at their disposal through a Family Heritage policy.
The simplest way to navigate those obstacles, though, is to create a playing field that’s all yours and no one else’s. We call that “Framing”.
- Start by spending 5 minutes building rapport. Ask all business owners these three questions to remind them of what they’ve built and how valuable it is:
- How did you decide to get into this business?
- Did you build it yourself or buy it from someone else?
- What do you plan to do with your business when you’re tired of running it every day?
- Find their illness story, learning what other insurance they have, and talking about your other clients.
- Explain the ICU Umbrella and the Cancer, Injury and Heart pillars. These are the major, income-threatening risks a business owner faces.
- Explain Direct vs. Indirect costs. Point out the financial impacts and that it’s the #1 cause of bankruptcy. Ask which costs would affect them the most, personally.
- Obviously, it makes way more sense to have someone else pay for those costs – so the policies pay them directly, in addition to anything else, and can be for the whole family.
- Show several handwritten claims so they can see how it works in real life.
- Explain the icing on the cake – it’s 100% refundable for retirement!
- Finish with why YOU decided to use Family Heritage to cover your clients.