Tennessee Licensing Steps
Step 1: Complete New Hire Paperwork
- Print off, complete, sign & date your W-9 Tax Form
- Scan and email to us
Step 2: Register for the Health exam
- Schedule your examination with PearsonVue.
- Phone: (800) 274-4957 or http://www.pearsonvue.com/tn/insurance/
- You must present your Prelicensing Education Certificate from Xcel Testing at the exam site on the day of examination.
- Please check all locations in TN for the closest location and soonest date and time
- Accident & Health Producer exams
Step 3: Schedule fingerprints
- Go to identogo.com
- Click on Digital Fingerprinting
- Enter required information:
- Choose Agency Name: Department of Commerce and Insurance
- Choose Applicant type: TN Insurance Producer
- ORI # TN920680Z (Transaction Type – IP)
- Follow prompts for locations and payment.
- If you need assistance, call (855) 226-2937 to speak to a representative.
Step 4: Apply for license
- Apply at nipr.com
- YOU MUST WAIT 48 HOURS FROM TAKING THE EXAMINATION TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION ELECTRONICALLY.