Washington requires potential agents take and complete a state approved prelicensing course before taking their licensing exam.
- Enroll for your course at http://prepare2pass.com/FFL/
- Use voucher code “ffltribe-6uEn” to get the course for free
HOW DO I COMPLETE MY PRELICENSING EDUCATION COURSE?
To earn your certificate of completion, you must:
- Spend the total amount of the required hours in the course study materials. Time spent within the courses will be tracked by a mass timer.
- Complete all Study by Topic reading chapters and Study by Topic quizzes. Study by Topic quizzes must be passed with a score of 70% or better.
- Complete and pass the simulated exam with a score of 70% or better.
HOW DO I GET MY LICENSE?
Step 1: Complete a prelicensing course that has been approved by the Department of Insurance. Once you have completed your course, They will issue a certificate of completion which you may download and print from your online account.
Step 2: Schedule your exam with your state’s testing provider, PSI Exams. The fastest way to schedule your exam is to do so online at PSI Exams. You can also schedule your exam over the phone at (855) 205-5825. Your exam may be taken at a physical PSI examination center or via a remote online proctored exam. Exam fees must be paid at the time of reservation.
Be aware that the state of Washington requires fingerprinting and background checks with your insurance agent licensing application. Fingerprinting requirements may be met at the exam site at the time of your appointment or after.
- We strongly recommend that you make your fingerprinting appointment at least 48 hours in advance of your licensing exam date to ensure successful scheduling. You must either visit www.Identogo.com or contact MorphoTrust USA at (866) 761-8069 to schedule your fingerprinting session. A fee of $47 will be charged during the scheduling process and covers the Washington State Patrol processing fee and the PSI fingerprint processing fee.
- Fingerprinting is an important part of the licensing process. we highly recommend completing your fingerprinting requirement at the time of your exam as it will help ensure efficient processing of your licensing application.
Step 3: Take and pass your state licensing exam. On the day of your appointment you must bring with you two valid forms of government issued identification (driver’s license, passport, military I.D., etc.), one of which must contain your name and photograph and your Certificate of Completion. You will not be able to take your exam if these requirements are not met.
Security measures are taken for all testing methods. Restrictions on what you may bring with you to the testing center, into the testing room, and what you may wear will be enforced. For more detailed information about the security measures that will be taken during your testing appointment, please read and review the candidate bulletin offered at PSI Exams.
You must get 70% correct to pass the examination. Your score will be displayed on screen at the end of the examination and a score report will be emailed to you.
Step 4: Apply for your license. Washington resident applicants must use the online application service at https://www.insurance.wa.gov/or NIPR. A copy of your passing score report must be submitted with the application by fax or as an attachment in your online application. Fingerprinting records are required for processing of your license application. Fingerprints will be sent electronically from the PSI exam center or MorphoTrust Center to the Washington State Patrol who will forward the results of your background check to the insurance commissioner’s licensing unit.
Step 5: Maintain your license by being aware of your continuing education requirements. Most insurance licenses must be maintained by completing a certain number of credit hours of continuing education each licensing period. Many vendors offer continuing education courses that will help you comply with your state’s requirements.