In & Out B2B Approach, Demo, Close
Step 1: Know what you’re looking for
- Small businesses with 3-30 employees
- Research the dangers and risks that are associated with the employees’ daily job
Step 2: Have a game plan of the policies you will talk about
- Bring your tablet in
- Have the brochure of the policy you intend to talk about
Step 3: HAVE CONFIDENCE BEFORE YOU WALK IN THE DOOR
Step 4: Approach
Does not matter if you are speaking with the manager, owner or an employee – say the following:
- “Hi I’m Eric – I work with auto body shops on their insurance”
- Ask 3 questions:
- “How many employees are here today?“
- “What kind of insurance do you have for them?“
- “If you yourself couldn’t work for 2-6 weeks how would that affect your family?”
- Whatever their answer, your response is “PERFECT – THAT’S EXACTLY WHY I’M HERE“
Step 5: Demo
- Do a quick run down of policy benefits and stay EXCITED while doing so
- Find out what really hit home and what they liked about it the most
- Ask them why and agree that their reason makes sense
- REMEMBER – Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care. So even though time is of the essence, get to know them briefly during this process and stay professional!!!
Step 6: Price
- VERY IMPORTANT: When it comes to price ask them if they get paid weekly or bi-weekly. Then break the price down to their pay period. This will let them know how much they need to set aside each check to pay their monthly premium.
- Just like any other demo let them pick the level of coverage.
- It’s a good idea to have your pricing at easy access on either your phone or iPad so you can toggle back and forth to your calculator.
Step 7: Close.
- ASSUME THE SALE!!!! Ask for drivers license and start filling out the app.
Step 8: Set a policy-review appointment for 3 weeks from now
- Tell them you want to go over what the company promises them and exactly how to use the coverage when they need it.
- If possible, set that appointment at their home so you can meet their spouse, demo more policies to them together, and get referred more places.
Step 9: Ask for referrals and build your network