In & Out B2B Approach, Demo, Close
Step 1: Know what you’re looking for
- Small businesses with 3-10 employees
- Research the dangers and risks that are associated with the employees daily job
Step 2: Have a game plan of the policies you will talk about
- If you’re using a tablet, bring it in
- If you’re using paper, leave demo book inside the car
- Have the brochure of the policy you intend to talk about
- Insert the ICU brochure, app and yellow sheet inside of that brochure
- When it’s time to close the deal you will not have to fumble around looking for the app, it’s already there
Step 3: GET EXCITED AND HAVE CONFIDENCE BEFORE YOU WALK IN THE DOOR
Step 4: Approach
Does not matter if you are speaking with the manager, owner or an employee – say the following:
- “Hi I’m Jerry Dolan – I work with Family Heritage and it’s been my job to talk to all the small businesses in the area about what we do”
- Ask 3 questions:
- “How many employees are here today?“
- “Do they have health insurance?“
- “If you yourself couldn’t work for 2-6 weeks how would that affect your family?”
- Whatever their answer, your response is “PERFECT – THAT’S EXACTLY WHY I’M HERE“
Step 5: Demo
- Do a quick run down of benefits on the brochure and stay EXCITED while doing so
- Find out what really hit home and what they liked about it the most
- Ask them why and agree that their reason makes sense
- REMEMBER – Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care. So even though time is of the essence, get to know them briefly during this process and stay professional!!!
Step 6: Price
- VERY IMPORTANT: When it comes to price ask them if they get paid weekly or bi weekly. Then break the price down to their pay period. This will let them know how much they need to set aside each check to pay their monthly premium.
- Just like any other demo let them pick the level of coverage. ALWAYS INCLUDE ICU IN THE PRICE.
- It’s a good idea to have your price sheet at easy access on either your phone or iPad so you can toggle back and forth to your calculator.
Step 7: Close.
- Use the ROP as part of your close: “The biggest reason why all of the other employees are jumping on board is because if you never use our insurance we return EVERY DIME YOU PAID IN within 25 years or age 65.“
- Ask this one question: “If we gave you every dollar you paid in back to you for being such a healthy client, what would you spend the money on?“
- Your response: “That’s awesome, I’d probably do the same.“
- ASSUME THE SALE!!!! Ask for drivers license and start filling out the app.
- Once you get this process down, it should only take about 10-15 minutes to get from beginning to end.
Step 8: Set a policy-review appointment for 3 weeks from now
- Tell them you want to go over what the company promises them and exactly how to use the coverage when they need it.
- If possible, set that appointment at their home so you can meet their spouse, demo more policies to them together, and get referred more places.
Step 9: Ask for referrals and build your network