As with everything in the insurance business, becoming an agent involves a bit of paperwork. All these steps must be completed in their entirety before we can start selling.
Review the New Agent Calendar to see the timeline for everything below
Step 1: Get Your Insurance License
Each state has their own licensing steps: (If your state is not listed, click here)
Step 2: Get Contracted With Our Carriers
- HCMS Profile
- Setup a profile on our Hierarchy & Contracting Management System (HCMS). HCMS manages your relationship with FFL – your commission levels with the various carriers and your overrides on your agents. Your contracting admin will get you an invite to the system.
- You’ll need your National Producer Number (NPN) to use the system. You’ll automatically get assigned an NPN once your state issues your insurance license.
- Once you successfully setup your HCMS profile, you’ll get an invitation to SureLC – the system you’ll use to request your appointments with the carriers we work with.
- SureLC / SuranceBay
- SureLC (or “SuranceBay”) is the system you’ll use to request your appointments with the carriers we work with. Make sure you watch the entire SuranceBay Overview Video and then get started.
- Create a new profile on SureLC – be sure your agency is “FFL Tribe”
- Buy E&O Coverage if necessary – links inside SureLC
- Complete Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Course if necessary
- Learn about AML HERE
- Links are inside SureLC
- Request Appointments for all of the carriers
- Confirm your requests until they are “Currently At” the “BGA” status
- Check SureLC daily for contracting updates with each carrier.
- Follow up with each carrier in 5 business days after your contract status has changed to “Carrier”
- Verify they have all your contracting paperwork and that there are no outstanding requirements.
- Carrier contact info can be found HERE
- Keep an eye on your email box for important messages and appointment confirmation from the carriers.
- Make sure to look in your SPAM and Promotional folder of your email.
Step 3: Get Connected to our Team and Complete Agent Bootcamp
- Do it all at our Agent Welcome Center