Preparing for a Successful Trainmore
One of my good friends Gerry Ruffino wrote this tip sheet for working a push week and I wanted to share it with you:
I received a call from our trainmore leader, Tad Overstreet, asking me to share with you all ways to prepare yourself in order to have a successful legends week. I must admit that I am no expert but that recently I attended a Tony Robbins 4 day seminar and that really helped open my eyes to ways to push myself past any plateau that I conquer. Below are a few ideas to really help you as you go into this week (and every week for that matter).
- Under no circumstances allow yourself to miss this trainmore. I don’t care how well you are doing in your territory. Make this your number one priority. This is legends week!
- Prepare your body and mind. Make sure you are eating healthy foods that will energize you for a long but successful week. Drink as much water as possible. Your body is your vessel. If it’s not ready then we are not ready. Same goes for your brain.
- Set your goals. Don’t just put a number down and say I “hope” or I “should” get this much premium. Change your vocabulary and start saying I “must” and I “will” get this premium. Shoot for the stars. “Limiting beliefs only lead to limiting results.”
- Study – make sure that you are reading a chapter in your gray sales handbook. That is gold. Watch the training videos online.
- Prep all your materials before you leave. A lot of times we have applications on site but better to bring everything you need. Speak with your sales director or ask your trainer to show you how to order supplies online. If you have an iPad or tablet get everything loaded ahead of time.
- Arrive on Sunday early. Get yourself settled and don’t be in a hurry. Run to HEB and get your snacks for the week, etc
- Make it a point to network and really get to know others in the group.
- Don’t be late to any meetings.
- Follow and shadow people if you are brand new.
- When you return from the field hang out in the lobby and share with others about your day.
- When you leave on Friday or Saturday know that the trainmore isn’t over. You have till Tuesday evening to get your business for the week. If you haven’t met your goals then work your home territory to you meet your must goals.
- When new agents arrive to your office really encourage them to attend all of the upcoming trainmores
- Schedule your weeks in-between trainmores to be as busy as you were during the trainmore.
- Keep momentum going.
I hope this helps you all as we prepare to hit 2.5 million in company sales. We need all of us to meet this goal.