New Agent Checklist
☐ Send manager full legal name (First, Middle, Last), best email, and phone number
- Manager will submit your information to Shannon, our Head of Contracting and you will be getting these emails:
- Your personalized link to our SuranceBay contracting portal
- An email with SuranceBay instructions
- A “Confirm Your Subscription” email to join our New Agent Training email series
☐ Need E&O Insurance?
- You can purchase E&O HERE
- Select the option for Life, Health and Fixed/Indexed Annuities
☐ Go through your specific contracting link that was emailed to you by Shannon from contracting
- It will have come from: email@example.com
☐ Complete the affidavit and acknowledgement
- Make sure you watch the entire SuranceBay Overview Video and then get started.
- Create a New Profile with SuranceBay, and Request Appointments for all of the carriers, and confirm them until they say: BGA under “Currently At”
- SuranceBay “Currently At” Statuses:
- Producer: Go back through and confirm your requested appointments
- BGA: Good Job, you have done it correctly and your contract has been sent to our home office
- Carrier: FFL home office has sent your contract to each carrier
- Discarded: Locate the reason, and email: firstname.lastname@example.org for help
- Check SuranceBay daily for contracting updates with each carrier.
- SuranceBay Help HERE
☐ Complete Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Course
- Learn about AML HERE
- This can be completed before or after submitting contracting through LIMRA
☐ Follow up with each carrier in 5 business days after your contract status has changed to “Carrier”
- Verify they have all your contracting paperwork and that there are no outstanding requirements.
- Carrier contact info can be found HERE
- Keep an eye on your email box for important messages and appointment confirmation from the carriers.
- Make sure to look in your SPAM and Promotional folder of your email.
WATCH NEW AGENT ONBOARDING TRAINING
PREPARE TO DIAL AND RUN APPOINTMENTS
☐ Print out these documents to set yourself up for success
- All Phone Scripts
- Phone Objections
- Dial Tracker
- In-Home Sales Process
- Financial Inventory & Credibility Sheet
- Reliashield Brochure
☐ Order Leads
- Watch the lead video to learn all about leads HERE
- Have a “Lead Strategy Call” with your manager or upline VP prior to your first lead purchase
- Order Leads once you have your Americo and Mutual of Omaha agent numbers
☐ Phone Script Training
- Watch the Phone Script Training video HERE
- Start dialing and booking appointments
- Use the FFL Dial Tracker to track your dials and production
☐ In-Home Presentation
- Watch every video and study the In-Home Presentation HERE
- Bookmark the Quote Tools HERE
- Take detailed notes
☐ Product Knowledge
- Learn about the main products we sell HERE
☐ Decide when to work – Plan out your dial days/ run days
- Faster you become self sufficient, the faster you will be successful.
☐ Once you receive your carrier appointment confirmation and agent numbers
- Register for each carrier you received a writing number from
- Order supplies directly from carrier
- Become familiar with their eApp
☐ Register for Family First Life Agent CRM System
- Ask your manager and they can get you access
☐ Stay active
The more active you stay, the faster you will learn, and the faster you will become successful. You Can Do This!